Saturday, April 7, 2012

The "I'm not hungry" breakfast drink

This morning I did not feel like eating anything but my tummy was roaring at me! Since that "girl time" is coming, I begin to lose my appetite, especially in the morning, and by not having breakfast I get cravings after 11am. Since I've been doing great for almost 2 weeks now, I don't want my time of the month to throw me back to bad eating habits, especially NOT having breakfast, which I did very often.

I'm a huge fan of having fruit and oatmeal for breakfast, I absolutely LOVE it! But today I did not feel like eating at all, so I got all the fruits and fiber I wanted to eat and made them into a drink ^_^ Just like I did a couple of blogposts ago with the strawberry banana...but this one is SO much better (;

Here's what I had:

1 banana
7 strawberries
6 blackberries
15 blueberries
1 teaspoon of Chia Seeds

1. I sliced the banana and I cut the strawberries in half.
2. Put all the fruits in the blender and filled it with water until the fruits were covered.
3. I pushed these buttons on the blender: "Blend" "Mix" and "Puree"
4. Once it was liquified, I added 1 teaspoon of Chia Seeds (Everything is still in the blender). I only added 1 teaspoon because it's my first time having it and I want to see how my body reacts to it.
5. I blended the Chia Seeds in the blender.
6. I served myself a nice tall glass, and wait about 8-10 minutes for the Chia Seeds to become softer in the drink.
7. Add an ice cube or two, and drink your breakfast ^_^


I know this is very similar to my last smoothie but I still wanted to share it with you because it's my official favorite (: Thank you for reading and have a beautiful happy day! 

Stay healthy <3

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Delicious! You might like coconut water in place of the water...I love it! I am having this minus the blueberries right now (cause I don't have any) thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite smoothie too! I use coconut water in place of the water and I love it! Just finished one:)

    ReplyDelete